The most significant, both architecturally and culturally, home of its size in Anaheim: The Backs House. Constructed from 1902-1904, originally located at 225 N Claudina St. for Ferdinand and Loiusa Backs. The home has been listed on the National Register and receives the Mills Act property tax credit and has been documented at one of the finest examples of Colonial Revival Architecture in this region. The Backs were prominent members of the community and historical records show that The Backs House was visited by Andrew Carnegie, President Warren Harding, Madame Modjeska and Governor Hiram Johnson. In 1987 the Backs House was moved to its current location on prestigious Vintage Lane, a part of Heritage Square. As part of the move and restoration the Backs House received a new foundation, electrical, plumbing and a large basement and modern conveniences such as central air and heat. To aid in maintaining this distinguished home, the Mills Act tax credit program is in place with current property taxes just under $5,000 a year and transferable to the new owner, with no supplemental tax bill. Located in Downtown Anaheim. Home of the world famous Anaheim Packing House, Center Street Promenade. Just a short drive to Disneyland, Angles Stadium, the Honda Center and so many dining and shopping choices.
|--||New Value: $1,159,900|
|4/22/2020 3:24:47 PM||New Value: $1,159,900|
|1/29/2020 7:49:00 PM||New Value: $1,179,900|
|10/27/2019 11:17:00 AM||New Value: $1,200,000|